Thursday, July 14, 2011

Smoked Salmon Gluten Free Penne {Rookie Recipe}

I haven't done a recipe in a while but when I posted on twitter that I had made a gluten-free smoked salmon and mushroom penne with white wine dill sauce... people started asking how I made it.

And I have to admit. This is the best accident I have EVER thrown together. Ever. This meal turned out accidentally amazing and it is dairy-free, too. My go-to pasta yum sauce used to be pesto. Now it is this. Yes pasta yum sauce is a thing.

Gluten Free and Dairy Free and IMPROVISED? Unbelievable.


Smoked Salmon and Mushroom Gluten Free Penne in a white wine sauce.

What I used:
  • 1 Bag of Tinkyada Pasta Joy Brown Rice Flour Gluten Free Penne
  • 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • smoked salmon, sliced
  • fresh garden dill
  • fresh garden chives
  • sage
  • four cloves of garlic, minced
  • a handful of mushrooms
  • around a cup of white wine 
  • dill
What I did:
I always over cook the pasta. I happen to love over cooked brown rice pasta. But I reccomend you cook the pasta to your taste, strain and put it aside. In olive oil, saute the chopped fresh chives, and garlic. Add a sprinkling (or more) of sage, sliced mushrooms, and the smoked salmon, stirring over medium heat. Add white wine - I suggest starting small and adding more. Too much is too much, so go easy. As the white whine bubbles down, add the cooked pasta and fresh dill then stir until everything is coated.

Hell yes, right? So easy, so delicious, so simple. I'm having seconds right now.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've told you enough how good this recipe is! Also, I used the white wine sauce on sauteed veggies all summer. It was perfect with rice, pasta, and on french bread with mozzarella cheese (we called it leftovers pizza).

    ReplyDelete